Thursday 5 March 2015

Cook - peanut butter honey granola

This is one of my favourite recipes - easy, cheap and immensely satisfying.  The recipe was published in the Guardian and led me to Jack Monroe's brilliant blog (A girl called Jack) - which is full of fantastic recipes, most of which are also very cheap to make.

The full recipe and quantities are here: Peanut butter honey granola , but all you need to do is melt butter, peanut butter and honey together, tip in some oats and mix well, spread out on a baking tray and cook for 15 mins then leave to cool.  Simple! I usually make double quantities which is just enough to fill my big Kilner jar and lasts about a week, depending on how many of us are around (the orange scoop measures out a medium portion - but some of us eat a lot more than that!)


I've started having it (maybe with a chopped up banana - I'm still experimenting) as my pre-long run / pre-race breakfast as it's easier than porridge (both to prepare and to eat - less stodgy) - it's also more portable so if I'm away overnight or need to eat on the move, it will be easy to take with me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm not sure if anyone reads this. But if you do, and you'd like to comment, I'd get very excited. And would try to reply. Thanks!