Monday 30 March 2015

Cook - kale crisps, a revelation

Who would have thought sticking a load of kale in the oven for 20 minutes could have such a delicious result?



I had Kale Crisps from Pret the other day and thought it must be possible to replicate them at home, so I found this recipe for Kale Crisps on the BBC Good Food website and followed it exactly.  They were awsome! I say 'were' because they've been devoured by myself and my middle child (just hoping eldest doesn't see the evidence or we're in trouble for not leaving any). The ras el hanout adds just enough spiciness, and I sprinkled a bit of salt on too.  They were as simple as anything to make (I particularly enjoyed massaging the oil in!). I'll be be making them again very very soon.

8 comments:

  1. Do they taste anything like the seaweed at a chinese restaurant? That's one of my passions and I'd love to find a cheaper and easier way to get the hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh - thank you for your comment! Yes very similar flavour to seaweed, maybe slightly different flavourings (more savoury/salty rather than spicy) and a sprinkle of sugar would get it even closer

      Delete
  2. And is your blog not on Bloglovin'? I would like to follow it, but I can't find it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I've heard about kale crisps but am determined to give them a try now. My little ones love those (v expensive) beetroot and parsnip crisps and I've made some at home and they've woofed them. I'm v v hopeful.

    Oh btw I'm in awe of your hot cross buns. I still find bread making daunting and a little scary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were good and extremely easy to make- I definitely recommend giving them a try! Hope you like them. I will look out for a recipe for other vegetable crisps as I'd love to try some more.

      Delete
  4. Hello there - found your blog via AngleJem and as I am having a 'vegan month' I'm very excited about trying Kale crisps - thanks for the link! Judy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! Good luck with your vegan month - hope you enjoy the kale crisps

      Delete

I'm not sure if anyone reads this. But if you do, and you'd like to comment, I'd get very excited. And would try to reply. Thanks!